Iced Matcha Latte

My darling husband recommended that we start getting matcha green tea into our diet.  It is loaded with so many health benefits but I was struggling to find a great recipe that I enjoyed drinking daily. I kept trying hot matcha lattes and they are definitely good, but I was intrigued to try an iced matcha latte.  Apparently this is quite a popular drink at Starbucks.  But I am sure that their version is loaded with sugar and so I figured I can make one just as delicious!  I was pleasantly surprised to see that the matcha green tea powder actually mixes better in cold almond milk than it does with hot water.  I was so surprised by how refreshing this drink was that I gulped it down!  I am known to sip a drink all day long so this is a very big deal that I chugged it down.  I actually have to force myself to drink it slowly and enjoy it every time I make it!  I love that it has caffeine but a smaller amount than coffee and gives a much more natural feel.  I can even drink it at night and have no problems sleeping.  I sure hope you will give the matcha latte a try. I promise you will love the energy you feel and all the added benefits of the matcha powder.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
  • 1-2 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup (to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • ice
Instructions:
  1. Place all ingredients in a blender or a shaker cup.  Blend on high speed until matcha powder is dissolved.
  2. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
  3. Pour over ice and enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts