Almond Butter Banana Chia Pudding


This chia pudding recipe has quickly become my favorite breakfast!  I was getting pretty sick of eggs and looking for something new.  I love the combination of almond butter, crunchy pecans and the sweetness from the banana.  It has a fairly thick porridge consistency and that is due to the chia seeds that soak overnight. You can alter the thickness based on how many chia seeds you use but I prefer the thicker texture. This recipe is super healthy and packed with loads of fiber and omega 3's from the chia seeds.  It is very versatile and you can add peanut butter if you can tolerate it or any kind of nuts you prefer.  It is also extremely filling and keeps me energized all morning.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Ingredients:

  • 3 tbsp almond butter (or more to taste)
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • ¼ tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla  Almond milk
  • ¼ cup+1 tbsp chia seeds


  • Directions:
    1. Place almond butter, syrup, vanilla and milk in a bowl and stir together. (I place mine in a blender to make sure it is mixed well).
    2. Stir in chia seeds by hand.
    3. Once everything is mixed, pour mixture into a bowl or mason jar and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
    4. Top with extra almond butter and anything else you'd like and enjoy!




    Comments

    Popular Posts