Paleo Chocolate Mousse


My husband absolutely loves chocolate mousse and I was looking for a new recipe when we recently celebrated our 15th anniversary. It is such a simple dessert to make and incredibly easy to eat.  Our son who claims that he does not like chocolate, gobbled his down quicker than anybody else.  I am not sure if I believe him anymore! We added raspberries and chocolate chips as a topping and I know strawberries would taste great too.  


Ingredients:

  • 1 can coconut milk, full fat
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • sweetener to taste (you can use raw honey, pure maple syrup or stevia) I used liquid vanilla stevia.
Directions:
  1. Refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight, or at least 6 hours.
  2. Open the can carefully without shaking or stirring. It should be very thick.
  3. Trasnfer the thick portion on the top to a separate bowl.
  4. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetener.
  5. Whip with beaters until smooth.
  6. Store uncovered in the fridge, the mixture will get even thicker.
  7. Garnish with berries or chocolate chips.



 



Comments

Popular Posts