Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream ( #2)

We recently had a health talk at my husband's office and it was awesome! There was such a great turnout and we were beyond blessed that so many wanted to take their health to the next level.  I was pretty nervous getting up in front of 60 people and not only sharing my health testimony but also demonstrating some of our favorite recipes.  Fortunately, everything turned out great and one of the recipes we demonstrated was this mint chocolate chip ice cream. Everyone got to sample it and we had rave reviews!  I will admit I was happy to get a bite for myself when we were all done. It was awesome to see everyone's shocked faces when I put spinach in the blender first! Who would think that you could add spinach to ice cream and not taste it? It gives this ice cream the bright color you see in the picture, as well as a nice nutritious boost. This recipe is slightly different than my other mint chocolate chip ice cream I have posted but they are both equally delicious!

Ingredients:

  • 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
  • 1/2 cup raw spinach
  • 1/3 cup raw honey ( I use slightly less and add stevia as well)
  • 1 cup Lily's chocolate chips


Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients, except the chocolate chips in a blender and puree until smooth.
  2. Chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
  3. Pour mixture into ice cream maker and mix for 20 minutes.
  4. During the last 5 minutes of churning, add in the chocolate chips.



I found this awesome recipe here:




    Comments

    Popular Posts