Turkey Lettuce Wraps


I have several lettuce wrap recipes that I have enjoyed over the years but this turkey lettuce wrap has quickly become my new favorite!  It is so incredibly easy to whip up a batch and is the most flavorful lettuce wrap that I have had.  It lasts well in the fridge so I like to make up a batch for the week to have on hand for lunches.  But, I will warn you to double the batch since they are so tasty and you will definitely want more!  I think it would work well with ground chicken too, even though I typically use lean turkey.  


Ingredients:
  • 1 tbs coconut oil
  • 1/2 yellow onion chopped
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 16 ounces lean ground turkey
  • 4 tbsp. coconut aminos
  • 1 head butter or iceburg lettuce
  • 3 scallions, sliced
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 2 additional tbsp. coconut 

Directions:
  1. In a medium skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
  2. Add onions, salt and pepper and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
  3. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
  4. Add the ground turkey to the same skillet, breaking it up as it cooks, about 10 minutes.
  5. Add in the 1/4 cup coconut aminos, turn up the heat to high until all of the coconut aminos are absorbed.
  6. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. 
  7. Spoon the cooled ground turkey into the lettuce cups and top with shredded carrots, green onions and a little more coconut aminos.  ( I like to cook the carrots with the meat and sauce but it is a personal preference)
  8. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.


Comments

Popular Posts