Eggs in Sweet Potato Nests


I am always excited to find new ways to spice up breakfast! I remember the time when the thought of vegetables for breakfast disgusted me. Now, I simply can't get enough and I love when there are leftover veggies from the previous day.  This recipe incorporates sweet potatoes which pair very well with eggs and even bacon.  I typically slice up a bunch of sweet potatoes with my mandolin and I find that they store very well in the refrigerator for recipes like this one.  I hope you enjoy this little treat as much as our family does.















Ingredients
  •  1 medium sweet potato, washed and peeled
  •  4 large eggs
Instructions
  •  Preheat oven to 400°F and grease 4 cups in a regular-sized muffin tin with coconut oil.
  •  Using a coarse cheese grater, grate the sweet potato into a medium sized bowl. Using your fingers, line the 4 greased muffin tins with the sweet potatoes, pressing the sweet potatoes up against the sides to make a “crust”.
  •  Bake the sweet potato crusts for 5-8 minutes, making sure not to burn the sweet potatoes.
  •  Remove the muffin tin from the oven and carefully crack an egg in each mini-crust. Place the muffin tin back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the egg whites are opaque (be careful not to overcook). Allow the egg nests to cool before removing from the muffin tin.


















Comments

Popular Posts