Paleo Sloppy Joe's



I have been so excited to share this recipe with all of my followers. This dish is so easy and will most certainly be one of the most popular of 2017!  We make it every single week!  My son had visited his grandparents and came home telling me how good the sloppy joe's were that he had there and how he consumed about 5 of them.  I was not surprised about the quantity since he has always been such a big eater, but I was surprised by how much he loved sloppy joe's.  I wanted to find a healthier recipe that had no refined sugar so I could enjoy them too!  This recipe was a homerun the very first time we made it.  Super simple and quick on those busy weeknights and also very versatile.  You can have it on a gluten free or paleo bun, even over zucchini noodles or a sweet potato.   I haven't tried the sweet potato yet but I plan to this week.  I will warn you though to make a double batch since they are so good and sure to be devoured!


Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 red pepper, or orange/green/yellow
  • 1 large onion
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 pound grass-fed beef
  • ¾ cup Paleo Whole30 Ketchup, or ketchup of choice if not following Whole30
  • ¼ cup coconut aminos
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste




  • Directions:
    1. Place the coconut oil in a large skillet.
    2. Dice up the red pepper and onion and sauté in the coconut oil over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, until they start to soften and onions start to become translucent.
    3. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder and stir in.
    4. Add the beef and break it up with a spatula. Cook until browned.
    5. Add ketchup, coconut aminos, and tomato paste and stir to combine.
    6. Let cook on low for at least 10 minutes. The longer it cooks the more the flavors will develop. I like to simmer it for 30-40 minutes.
    7. Serve over zucchini noodles, a paleo hamburger bun, a sweet potato, or just eat it out of a bowl!



    Comments

    Popular Posts