Coconut Macaroons


This cookie was the first dessert I mastered after changing the way we eat.  It is so simple to make and you don't need many fancy ingredients, which I really like.  I used to dislike coconut and I am so thankful my tastebuds have changed since I am constantly baking with coconut flour, coconut milk, or shredded coconut.  You can use raw honey for the sweetener but I know agave works wonderful as well.

Ingredients:

  • 6 egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 cup raw honey
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
Directions:
  1. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form.
  2. Fold in honey, vanilla and coconut.
  3. Drop batter onto parchment paper lined baking sheet, one rounded tablespoon at a time.
  4. Gently remix batter as you go along for even consistency.
  5. Pinch each macaroon at the top.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned.

Comments

Popular Posts