Balsamic Chicken

In the middle of winter when our barbecue grill is safely tucked away in the garage I am always trying to find creative ways to make chicken.  I can't recall where I stumbled upon this tasty recipe but my family is happy we did.  I have made it many times for families when we are helping out with a meal and it has always gotten rave reviews.  I like to use a high quality balsamic vinegar for this dish and it makes a huge difference.  
Recently I discovered a great little shop in Portage with so many high quality oils and vinegars.  It is called The Pantry and I highly recommend checking it out. The prices are great and the store owner was extremely helpful.  It doesn't hurt that you are allowed to sample all of these delicious goodies!


Ingredients:

  • 4 boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
  • sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar ( I used the harvest fig!)
  • 1 Tbs dijon mustard
  • 2 Tbs lemon juice
  • 2 garlic gloves, crushed
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
Directions:
  1. In a bowl mix together the broth, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and oilive oil until well blended.
  2. Heat about 2 tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
  3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken.
  4. Add chicken to hot skillet and brown on both sides.
  5. Add sauce to pan and over the chicken.
  6. Bring to a slight boil. Turn heat down to medium-low.
  7. Simmer for about 6 minutes or until chicken is done and juices run clear.
  8. To serve, spoon the delicious sauce over the chicken. The sauce should be thickened and slightly reduced.


Comments

Popular Posts