Raspberry Streusel Bars

I can't even count how many times I have made these! I usually have the ingredients on hand and they are quick to make a batch. Recently I made them when visiting a sick friend. We decided to visit her for tea and I knew these would be perfect for the occasion. Well, after rave reviews from my friends I realized they needed to go on the blog!  You can use any flavor of jam you would like but I love the raspberry and have never tried another fruit. Let me know if you try a different flavor! Hope you enjoy....


Ingredients:
Crust:

  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tbs coconut oil
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 1 tbs water
  1. Pulse ingredients together in food processor until dough forms a ball.
  2. Press dough into 8x8 inch baking dish
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.

Filling:
  • 1 cup raspberry jam (I use an all fruit spread with no added sugars)
Streusel topping:
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 2 tbs coconut sugar (could also use stevia)
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Directions:
  1. Pulse oil, four, sugar and salt together in food processor until creamy.
  2. Briefly pulse in nuts and coconut so they are left coarse.
  3. Set streusel aside.
  4. Spread raspberry jam over warm crust.
  5. Sprinkle streusel topping over the fruit spread.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
  7. Cool for 10 minutes then refrigerate 2 hours to set up.
  8. Serve!




Another great recipe from Elana found here at her website:

Comments

Popular Posts