Paleo Tagalongs



So far we have made the girl scout Samoa's and Thin Mints and I was pretty excited to try the Tagalongs.  I mean who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter?  In this recipe you can use sunbutter or almond butter to make it a paleo treat or peanut butter as I did. Peanut butter isn't typically viewed as a paleo food but I can tolerate it occasionally so I buy the natural kind with no added sugars.  I made these as special treats for my boys on Valentine's day and they were gobbled up very quickly. So quickly in fact that I was incredibly bummed when I saw my hubby ate the last one. He knows the rule in our house is to never eat the last chocolate! Oh well, I guess it was just an excuse to make them again for my blog since they were such a big hit! Hope you enjoy....


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups blanched almond flour
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 Tbs palm shortening
  • 2 Tbs honey
  • 1 Tbs vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup sunbutter, almond butter or peanut butter
  • 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Instructions:
  1. In a food processor, combine the almond flour, salt and baking soda.
  2. Pulse in the shortening, honey and vanilla until combined.
  3. Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thick.
  4. Chill dough in freezer for 20 minutes.
  5. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter, cut out dough.
  6. Press your thumb in center of each circle to make indentation.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 4-6 minutes.
  8. Cool cookies for 1 hour.
  9. Place one tsp of sunbutter on top of each cookie
  10. Freeze for 10 minutes.
  11. Melt chocolate over very low heat.
  12. Dip cookies in chocolate.
  13. Place on parchment paper.
  14. Freeze for 30 minutes.
  15. Serve!










Comments

Popular Posts