Fruit Salsa

I know it's the middle of winter and some of this fruit isn't exactly in season but this appetizer is always a hit.  I have seriously never met anyone who doesn't love it and demand the recipe on the spot! The flavors of all of the fruit mixed with the cinnamon pita-chips is such a great combination.  I have seen many fruit salsa recipes out there but I have created this one with healthier substitutions. Unless you use paleo chips, then this dish is gluten-free/dairy-free/ and refined sugar free.  I typically make my own chips since the gluten-free cinnamon chips in the store are loaded with sugar. I use brown rice tortillas and coat them with melted coconut oil after I cut them into small triangles. I then sprinkle a cinnamon/coconut sugar mixture on them and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.  


Ingredients:

  • 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
  • 2 Golden delicious apples-peeled, cored and diced
  • 8 ounces raspberries
  • 1 pound strawberries
  • 1 Tbs coconut nectar/sugar
  • 3 Tbs fruit preserves, any flavor ( I use ones that are  fruit only with no added sugar)

Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, coconut sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.








Comments

Popular Posts