The Best Paleo Brownies


I had a major craving one day for brownies and didn't have a good recipe.  I was not in the mood to search through a ton of recipes so I contacted a good friend who also eats the way we do. I knew she would know just where to look! This recipe from paleogrubs was her recommendation and it was amaaaaaaaazing! Just what I was looking for. It is so easy to make and has no flour or refined sugar. Yup, you heard that right! 
They are so good right out of the oven and I can't resist a little coconut ice cream and raspberries to top it off. Don't worry, I am totally obsessed with ice cream too and those recipes are coming very, very soon......




Ingredients:
  • 1 cup almond butter
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbs butter, coconut oil or ghee
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda

Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl whisk together the almond butter, syrup, egg, butter and vanilla.
  3. Stir in the cocoa powder and baking soda.
  4. Pour the batter into a 9 inch baking pan. Bake for 20-23 minutes until brownie is done but still soft in the middle



Check out their website and original recipe here:



Comments

Popular Posts