Paleo Coconut Flour Waffles

This waffle recipe comes from Brittany Angell who is one of my new found food heroes!  I really admire these women who tirelessly bake and create such amazing recipes for those of us with food allergies.  I have never been one to create my own recipe entirely from scratch so to have resources like her is so vital.  That is why I love sharing these recipes with you.  I have tried so many and wasted a lot of time and money with recipes that have failed. Hopefully I can prevent you from doing the same by being a good resource of  healthy and delicious recipes for your entire family.
These waffles are a good combination of soft and fluffy with just a little crunch to them.  I haven't tried but I bet they would freeze well too.   Joshua's favorite breakfast is waffles so I was happy to find a recipe that finally worked every time.   They are a tad bit on the sweet side for me so I cut the sugar down by about half and they tasted great.

Ingredients:

  • 5 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup non dairy milk
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs melted butter or mild tasting oil
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs coconut sugar
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 3/4 cup potato starch
  • 1 Tbs lemon juice
  • 1 Tbs vanilla
  • 1 Tbs baking powder



Directions:

  1. Preheat waffle maker
  2. In a blender or food processor combine the eggs, milk, butter/oil and sugar. Blend together until frothy, about 1 minute.
  3. Add to the blender the salt, coconut flour, potato starch, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend 1 minute until well combined.
  4. By hand mix in the baking powder.
  5. Liberally oil the waffle maker and pour on the batter using a measuring cup.  Allow to cook for about 2 minutes or until golden and edges are slightly crisp.


Comments

Popular Posts