Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting


Some days a girl just needs chocolate.  Well, I definitely felt this way on Tuesday. It was a rough day and I needed chocolate badly! These cupcakes are a quick fix for my chocolate craving. I will admit that the frosting is so good I will occasionally dip raspberries or strawberries in it and eat that as a snack. But this time I wanted the whole cupcake:) Even my picky son who admits that he doesn't like chocolate will scarf these cupcakes down quickly.




For these cupcakes I used a chocolate cake recipe from againstallgrain.com. It is in her first cookbook which is phenomenal.  You will see many
recipes on my blog from her website and this cookbook. 
The frosting is from another gal I like called The Spunky Coconut. http://www.thespunkycoconut.com/2014/03/chocolate-hazelnut-cupcakes-and-news/
She uses this frosting on hazelnut cupcakes. Yum! I haven't tried the cupcakes yet but this chocolate frosting I have made dozens of times.

Cupcake Ingredients:

  • 6 eggs room temperature
  • 1/2 cup raw honey
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil-melted
  • 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup almond flour
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. Mix the eggs, honey, oil, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
  3. Sift the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl.  Then add to the wet ingredients. Mix again until smooth.
  4. Let batter rest for 10 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  5. Grease muffin pan. Fill each tin 2/3 of the way full.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes.
  7. Cook for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
  8. Enjoy!


Frosting Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup palm shortening
  • 1/2 cup ghee or butter at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup raw honey
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
  • 1/4 cup cacao powder, sifted
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
  • vanilla liquid stevia to taste
Directions:
  • Mix together all ingredients in a medium size bowl
  • Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupakes





Comments

Popular Posts