Grain Free Blueberry Coffee Cake

           

I am a sucker for any type of desserts.... But warm coffee cake straight out of the oven??? I ate 4 pieces right away it was so delicious. I decided to take the rest to my husband's co-workers immediately or I was going to eat it all! I haven't made it since. Not because it wasn't to die for, but because I know there will be no self control there and I might have to eat it all! 

Ingredients:

Blueberry Filling

  • 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
  • 2 1/2 Tbs water
  • 1/3 cup coconut sugar
  • 1 Tbs tapioca or arrowroot starch

Coffee Cake
  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 3/4 cup potato starch
  • 3/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 Tbs vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
  • 1 tsp lemon juice

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a saucepan over medium heat, add frozen blueberries, water, coconut sugar and starch.
  3. Heat until mixture thickens (about 5 min)
  4. In a bowl mix together the dry coffee cake ingredients. Once mixed you can add in the coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, milk and lemon juice.
  5. Line a 8x9 baking pan with parchment paper and add the coffee cake batter reserving about 1/2 cup.
  6. Pour in blueberry filling and pat down with a spatula.
  7. Add remaining dough and pat down on top of filling.
  8. Place in oven for 45-50 minutes.
 I added a drizzle on top while it was still warm. I used a little coconut milk, vanilla and honey for the icing.

Brittany Angell is a genius! I just recently discovered her recipes and website. Here it is with the link to the original recipe.





Comments

Popular Posts