Baked eggs with spinach


I have been pretty excited to find so many new breakfast recipes for our family. I eat eggs most days for breakfast and there are really only so many ways to prepare them!  I must admit that I have been getting very bored lately.  These new recipes are bringing so many new flavors to breakfast and I can't wait to host a brunch and show them off!  I have even had these for dinner since it is such a quick and simple meal to prepare on a busy night.

Ingredients:

  • olive oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes ( I actually used fresh)
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • sea salt and pepper
  • 2-3 cups baby spinach
  • 4 eggs
  • cilantro, minced (optional)

Directions:
  1. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a medium pan. Add onion and cook over medium heat until tender. 
  2. Add tomatoes and their juices, cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper.  Cook 3-5 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.  
  3. Add spinach (it will look like far too much) and cook for 3-5 minutes until wilted.
  4. Divide tomato mixture into 4 (10 oz) ramekins. I sprayed with non-stick coconut oil first. 
  5. Crack one egg into each ramekin on top of the tomato-spinach mixture.
  6. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until white are opaque and yolks are still soft.
  7. Garnish with cilantro if desired.


Comments

Popular Posts