How sweet it is.....



I am asked often how do I sweeten all of these delicious goodies??? I haven't intentionally had any refined sugars in over 5 years.  In the beginning it was very difficult.  Sugar is in everything! It took much trial and error to see what a healthy sweetener was and if my body could tolerate it or not. We currently use 4 sweeteners on a regular basis: raw honey, pure maple syrup, stevia and coconut sugar. You will see these used in all of the recipes posted here.  For all of my local friends, I also wanted to include where I purchase them.
1.  Coconut sugar: 
You can find this at Meijer, Apple Valley, Horrocks and Something Better

2. Raw honey:
Horrocks, Apple Valley and Something Better

3. Sweet Leaf and NuNaturals Stevia:
Apple Valley and Something Better. It comes in a liquid form and powder. 

4. Pure Maple Syrup: Horrocks, Meijer, Apple Valley, Something Better

These healthy sweeteners are typically found in the baking aisle right next to all of those refined and processed sugars.  The more I learn about refined sugars, the more I will stear clear.  My body reacts almost immediately and I am thankful.  It is a reminder that these refined sugars contain no health value and there are many great options to cook and bake with. Most of my friends and family who taste the deliciousness that comes out of our kitchen can't even tell the difference!

Comments

Popular Posts