Mahi Mahi with fresh mango salsa

Ever since a recent girls trip to Florida, I have been craving fish like a crazy woman.  I never used to like any kind of fish but my taste buds are changing and I am pretty thankful.  This mahi mahi with mango salsa is very similar to a dish I had on our trip and it is so flavorful. We serve it with rice or as fish tacos.  It is so easy to make since I bake it in the oven and usually prep the salsa ahead of time. This will help bring out the flavors even more.  Even with it having a little kick to it, my son loved it.  This was an enormous success since he has never liked any way I have prepared fish in the past.  He even stuck a cute little note on the leftovers in the fridge saying how delicious it was! Man I love that boy!  I hope you enjoy this healthy dish as much as my boys.

Fish Ingredients:

  • 4 (4oz) mahi mahi fillets
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tbs coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger

Instructions:
  1. Whisk together the olive oil, coconut aminos, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper and ginger in a bowl. Add the mahi mahi and toss evenly to coat.  Cover the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
  2. Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack in the middle.
  3. Discard the remaining marinade. Place the fish in a large baking dish in a single layer.  Broil in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Salsa Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe mangos, diced
  • 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped red onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
  • 1 large lime, juiced
  • 1/8 to 1/4 tsp sea salt

Instructions:
  1. In a serving bowl, combine the prepared mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeno.  Drizzle the juice of one lime and mix well.  Season to taste with salt.  For the best flavor, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes.

I use this salsa recipe found here:


Comments

  1. Laura- your recipes here are fabulous... Mahi Mahi is one of the white fish I can eat on my new even stricter diet so thank you for sharing. I will be trying this out this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts