Paleo Strawberry Whipped Frosting/Mousse





This is one of the most versatile recipes I have ever seen!  I started out making it for cupcake frosting but it can be used for so much more. Besides being incredibly simple to make, it is healthy and loaded with fresh strawberries and coconut.  It works wonderfully as a strawberry mousse and also as a fruit dip.  You could even use it for a whipped topping over fresh berries or an angel food cake.
My husband caught me eating it by the spoonful! I didn't feel guilty since I know it's healthy and unlike traditional frosting.  My son loved it on his mine craft birthday cupcakes as well!


Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups coconut cream (or 3 cans chilled coconut milk)
  • 1 cup strawberry puree (blend 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries until smooth)
  • 1/3 cup honey (I used much less and added vanilla stevia to taste)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract


Directions:

  1. If using coconut milk, place three cans in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before making the cream. 
  2. Open chilled cans and scoop out the cream that has separated and floated to the top. Discard the water in the bottom.
  3. Combine the cream, strawberry puree, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. 
  4. Using an electric mixer, mix ingredients together on high speed setting for about 2 minutes, until frosting becomes light and fluffy like whipped cream.
  5. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
  6. Enjoy as a frosting or spoon on top of fresh berries!



http://paleobakingcompany.com/pages/paleo-strawberry-whipped-frosting

Comments

Popular Posts